viernes, 23 de julio de 2021

Buenos consejos

En este extracto de una entrevista del Hollywood Reporter a David S. Goyer ("it's not an S, in my planet it means hope"), el guionista cuenta los consejos que le dio su mentor Nelson Gidding a la hora de encarar su profesión. Me parecen fantásticos:

I’ve always been pretty organized. When I started writing, I had a mentor named Nelson Gidding, who wrote a lot of films for [West Side Story director] Robert Wise. I was his teaching assistant in college. One of the things that he always said is that you need to treat writing like a job and not an art. You need to set hours, you need to set a schedule. You should write in a place that’s not your home, if you can help it, or at least not your bedroom, but a place you physically go to. He also said you should never call yourself a writer — you “write for a living.” Which is not to say that he didn’t believed in honing your craft, but he likened it to, like, being a woodworker. That works for me.

Nelson also said if you really want to be a successful writer, you should travel a lot. You should go out in the world, you should experience a lot of stress. That’s something I really took to heart. I’ve been to about 50 or 60 countries, and had experiences that got me out of my bubble. Like I trekked in Tibet for six weeks and that experience fed into stuff. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Doctor Sleep no quiere que durmamos

He vuelto a ver Doctor Sleep , la película de 2019 que hace un doble combo desconocido hasta entonces, corregidme si me equivoco: es secuel...